BAG-IN-BOX NATIONAL WINE COMPETITION, 7th edition, 2023azocadmin
The National Wine Bag-in-Box Competition, hereinafter referred to as “Competition”, is organized by AZOC-STAR SRL, Bucharest, Intrarea Binelui 1A, 042159, RO2727391, J40/11418/2014, hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”. The 7th edition will take place on 16 February 2023 in Bucharest.
Aim of the competition:
- Promoting Bag-in-Box wines as a modern packaging solution;
- Training wine market partners in beneficial competition for the benefit of the consumer;
- Educating the public on the benefits of Bag-in-Box wine;
- Using the image of the competition as a marketing tool to promote Bag-in-Box wine on both the national and international markets;
- Obtain a real picture of the Bag-in-Box wine market and a clear perception of the Romanian label, which helps to educate the public about the consumption and purchase of a medal-winning Bag-in-Box wine;
The competition is organized with the inspiration of the “Concours International Wine in Box” in France, www.best-wine-in-box.com.
The judging of the Bag-in-Box wine samples will be done by a jury whose members are recognised for their experience and professionalism, as well as by amateurs.
- 1. The organiser will award a minimum of 36 diplomas (prizes) according to the highest score awarded by the jury, as follows:
- Best Wine in Bag-in-Box – 9 (nine) diplomas (awards) for each section (white wines, rosé wines and red wines)
- Best Wine in Bag-in-Box – Gold Medal – a diploma (distinction) for each section (white wines, rosé wines and red wines)
- The most popular wine packaged in Bag-in-Box – a diploma (distinction) for each section (white wines, rosé wines and red wines)
- President’s wine – a diploma (distinction) for each section (white wines, rosé wines and red wines)
- 2. The Organiser will provide the winners with self-adhesive awards that can be applied to the winning wines to highlight them.
- The organizer will select a minimum of 10 (ten) wines from those that have been awarded and enter them in the “Concours International Wine In Box”, Toulouse, France www.best-wine-in-box.com which will take place on March 28, 2023. The organiser will bear all expenses.
- The organizer will enter wines, which have received awards, in the “VINARIUM International Wine Contest“, https://www.iwcb.ro/, which will take place from 25 to 28 May 2023. The organiser will bear all expenses.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- The competition is open to all categories of wine packaged in Bag-in-Box, Bag-in-Tube or Pouch-up, maximum 10L per unit, produced or packaged in Romania or the Republic of Moldova, in accordance with European Union regulations;
- The wine samples must come from a homogeneous batch of at least 1000 L;
- Wine samples must comply with the packaging and marking conditions in accordance with the regulations in force;
- Samples must be packed in Bag-in-Box, be sealed, be personalized with their original label;
- Each sample shall be accompanied by an analysis report issued by an authorised laboratory and shall include the main physico-chemical parameters.
- Best wine in Bag-in-Box – white wines
- Best wine in Bag-in-Box – rosé wines
- Best wine in Bag-in-Box – red wines
- The most popular wine packaged in Bag-in-Box – white wines
- The most popular wine packaged in Bag-in-Box – rosé wines
- The most popular wine packaged in Bag-in-Box – red wines
- President’s wine – white wine
- President’s wine – rosé wine
- President’s wine – red wine
- Two (2) samples of each sample shall be sent, if the wine is packaged between 3L and 10L;
- Three (3) samples shall be sent if the wine is packaged in quantities of less than 3L per unit;
- Each sample of Bag-in-Box wine entered in the Competition will be accompanied by
- Registration form
- Analysis Bulletin
- The documents accompanying the samples of wine packed in Bag-in-Box must state: the consignee, the consignor and the specification: “SAMPLES FOR COMPETITION WITHOUT COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
- Address for sending samples:
AZOC-STAR SRL, Bucharest, Sector 4, 042159, Intrarea Binelui 1A.
Contact person: Laura Adiaconițe – 0726383183;
The deadline for registration for the competition is 3 February 2023, the date of receipt of samples is 10 February 2023. Samples submitted after this date will not be taken into account.
– free of charge:
– a white wine
– a rosé wine
– a red wine
– 150 lei/trial for each extra registration and will be paid by 10 February at the latest.
Samples will only be accepted if they have been entered by 03 February 2023 and have been received by the Organisers no later than 10 February 2023, according to the instructions for dispatch of samples in art.4.
Competition Chairman – Mr. Catalin Costiniuc is responsible for the observance of the rules, will train all the working bodies and will coordinate the whole running of the Competition.
- Secretariat: It consists of 1-2 members and is the direct support of the Chairman of the competition.
- Ensures the correct ordering of the samples entered in the competition;
- Hand over the competition documents to the President after closing and sealing them;
- Ensures the security and secrecy of the wine samples, as well as the organisation of the work of the serving teams;
- He takes the documents at the end of the competition and presents them to the President for inspection and unsealing;
- Provides the necessary tasting sheets;
- Collect tasting sheets completed and signed by the taster;
- Calculate the arithmetic mean and record the result on the centralising sheet;
- Under the guidance of the President, draws up the necessary documents for the communication of results.
Commission for the reception, registration and ordering of evidence
- Sample verification and recording is done on the basis of the data entered in the analysis report and the data sheet.
- The order of presentation of the Bag-in-Box wine samples in the competition will be by section (white, rosé, red).
There will be two juries together with the competition chairman:
- JURIER 1 will decide the winners of the Best Wine in a Bag-in-Box award.
The jury is made up of oenologists, sommeliers, wine bloggers, authorised wine tasters (A.D.A.R), WSET certified, wine journalists, producers, distributors.
- Jury 2 will decide the winners of the Most Popular Wine in a Bag-in-Box award.
The jury is made up of consumers, wine enthusiasts, journalists, retailers, etc.
- THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPETITION will decide the winner of the President’s Wine Award.
- Ensures, at a steady pace, the presentation of competition samples, the unpacking and rearrangement of tasting tables.
The tasting glasses are those approved by the O.I.V., stemmed, colourless, without inks, perfectly clean and odourless.
AWARDS AND AWARD CRITERIA
The quality of Bag-in-Box wines is assessed using the 100-point scale method approved by the panel. Awards are given on the basis of the score obtained. The organiser will announce the final result on the website www.azocstar-bag-in-box.ro and in the media.
The number of awards may not exceed 30% per category of the total number of entries.
Leave a Reply